Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Finished!

So I meant to write this quite a while ago, but didn't...I finished Silent in the Grave. A few weeks ago. I really liked it. Kept my attention. There were a couple of times I was afraid it would be a bodice-ripper and was about to be disappointed, but I wasn't. I hate it when books do that. This wasn't the type of book that would make sex pertinent to it. But the themes were very modern to the time period. I was surprised to find out that I could actually relate a bit to the heroine. At least at the beginning of the book. She talks about how she sort of lost herself in her relationship with her husband. Like she didn't know who she was anymore. I think I've done that a time or two with various relationships. And then it's nice to come out of the cocoon and transform yourself and rediscover yourself and your talents. You discover and fall in love with yourself all over again and that can be really thrilling and exciting. I guess that's one of the perks and fun things about living the life of the single girl!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Silent In the Grave took a number of years to get published (as it made the rounds to publishing houses). However, it IS worth all the grief and effort the writer and her agent underwent to see it published.
I really found this book surprising. Maybe that is what kept my interest keen. But I think Sharon put her finger on the heroine being wrapped in a cacoon and the transformation she goes through.
The resolution of the mystery was swift and breathtakingly executed. I've ordered the author's next book from amazon.com. Our library system doesn't have it and they haven't ordered any copies... yet. But I liked the writer so much that I'm willing to lay down money to read her next book.
Although Silent in the Grave starts slow, it was a page turner in the last third of it. Don't miss reading it.
Happy reading--Coral